Welcome to my blog, Whats this about then?

This is a place where I will be posting all sorts of things not just things relating to Derby and Derbyshire. On here you will find details of any videos I’ve made of things in Derby and also Time-lapse, stop motion animation, Tutorials etc. If I find some useful software for PC or iPhone then I will feature it here.I’m sure that there will be something of interest to someone on my many posts.Please leave comments on any posts if you like them.
Don’t forget if you are new to my blog and would like to read through the previous posts then see the Blog Archive section on the left side of this page.
Also there is a Search box at the top left of the page if you are looking for something but cant remember where it was. I am a trustee member of "Friends of Friar Gate bridge", aiming to get this bridge restored.

Monday 6 July 2015

Severe Thunder storm and flash floods hits Derby July 4th 2015, Did you see it?

Were you one of the lucky people to actually sleep through that severe thunderstorm that took place in the early hours of Saturday 4th July 2015 ?

The first I was aware of it was getting woken up by the most incredibly loud thunder and bright flashes of lightening about 2:40am on Saturday 4th July 2015.
I can honestly say this was one of the most severe storms I've seen in years.

Here is a screen grab from my iPhone of real time lightening strikes as they were happening over UK.
As you can see in Derby its pretty much wall to wall lightening !



These photographs and video are in the Peartree area of Derby.

The road outside quickly turned into a river due to the sheer amount of rain. The road drains could clearly not handle the deluge

In my photographs you can see that the road has been completely covered by standing water, you can no longer see the curb stones.


Someone running around through the water and towards the fountain of water !




A fountain of water started to come out of the drain in the middle of the road.





At one point a Police car pulled up to the fountain and opened his door next to it, I guess he was checking that the man hole cover was still in place.


Here is a Vine I did of a car going through the flooded street :


Follow me on Twitter :
https://twitter.com/andysavage1969

Thanks
Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment