Welcome to my blog, Whats this about then?

This is a place where I will be posting all sorts of things not just things relating to Derby and Derbyshire. On here you will find details of any videos I’ve made of things in Derby and also Time-lapse, stop motion animation, Tutorials etc. If I find some useful software for PC or iPhone then I will feature it here.I’m sure that there will be something of interest to someone on my many posts.Please leave comments on any posts if you like them.
Don’t forget if you are new to my blog and would like to read through the previous posts then see the Blog Archive section on the left side of this page.
Also there is a Search box at the top left of the page if you are looking for something but cant remember where it was. I am a trustee member of "Friends of Friar Gate bridge", aiming to get this bridge restored.

Tuesday 29 September 2009

Dr Johnsons House, London. Compiler of first English Dictionary.


Do you remember an episode of Black Adder the Third called Ink and Incapability which features a Dr Johnson played by Robbie Coltrane?, well
yesterday I visited Dr Johnsons House in London, Samuel Johnson compiled the first comprehensive English Dictionary here.
This museum can be found at 17 Gough Square, London.

It was really interesting visiting this museum, if you get chance do it, just follow the grey signs near by and go through the archway into the courtyard area.

He was maried at St Werburgh's church, Derby to Elizabeth (Tetty) Porter in July 9th 1735.
Photographs of the wedding re-enactment in Derby.

If you would like to visit this museum then visit their website :
www.drjohnsonshouse.org

No comments:

Post a Comment