Welcome to my blog, Whats this about then?

This is a place where I will be posting all sorts of things not just things relating to Derby and Derbyshire. On here you will find details of any videos I’ve made of things in Derby and also Time-lapse, stop motion animation, Tutorials etc. If I find some useful software for PC or iPhone then I will feature it here.I’m sure that there will be something of interest to someone on my many posts.Please leave comments on any posts if you like them.
Don’t forget if you are new to my blog and would like to read through the previous posts then see the Blog Archive section on the left side of this page.
Also there is a Search box at the top left of the page if you are looking for something but cant remember where it was. I am a trustee member of "Friends of Friar Gate bridge", aiming to get this bridge restored.

Saturday 7 May 2011

Derby to Tansley Car Boot, A driving time-lapse video.

I have just uploaded my latest video. Filmed last Sunday, its a time-lapse driving video. The video starts in Derby and ends at Tansley Car Boot. Its not the most direct route by the way, Yes I know I could do it quicker !

I'm sure if you are into local car boots then you will have heard of Tansley car boot as its the largest one I know of in Derbyshire, If you would like to know more about this car boot such as an accurate map location then have a look at my Tansley Car Boot Sale page.

At 03:12 in the video I have highlighted the current cost of fuel as I think in years to come we will look back on this and be amazed at how cheap it used to!!!


My video of Derby to Tansley Car Boot Sale:


This time-lapse video is made from 2429 photographs.
First photograph taken at 8.14 (Derby)
Last photograph taken at 9.03 (Tansley)
---------------------------
Camera used:
Hardware Modified Canon Ixus 430
Photographs taken at 1600x1200 pixels
The jpeg files sizes are between 69Kb to 407Kb, image size varies depending on brightness and complexity of the image.
The 2429 Photographs were 526Mb in total
Stored onto a Sandisk Ultra III 8Gb SD Card

---------------------------
Software Editing:
I processed the photographs in Corel Paint Shop Pro v11 using a recorded script combined with the Batch Process function as I have described in my blog:
http://derbyphotoscouk.blogspot.com/2009/10/script-recording-and-batch-processing.html

Once all the images were processed I used Sony Vegas 9 Pro to edit this video. I used the "Import Image Sequence" facility that is available in the Import Media panel.

Hope you like the drive.

Thanks
Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment