Welcome to my blog, Whats this about then?

This is a place where I will be posting all sorts of things not just things relating to Derby and Derbyshire. On here you will find details of any videos I’ve made of things in Derby and also Time-lapse, stop motion animation, Tutorials etc. If I find some useful software for PC or iPhone then I will feature it here.I’m sure that there will be something of interest to someone on my many posts.Please leave comments on any posts if you like them.
Don’t forget if you are new to my blog and would like to read through the previous posts then see the Blog Archive section on the left side of this page.
Also there is a Search box at the top left of the page if you are looking for something but cant remember where it was. I am a trustee member of "Friends of Friar Gate bridge", aiming to get this bridge restored.

Thursday 11 August 2011

The filming location used for Thames House in the BBC TV series Spooks.

I have just returned from a visit to London and while there I tracked down the location that is used for Thames House (MI5 base) in the BBC TV series Spooks. If you have never seen Spooks then I recommend it, its yet another great production by Kudos. They are the production company that made Life on Mars, Ashes to Ashes Hustle and The Fixer amongst others.

The building they used as Thames House is actually a Freemasons' Hall located on Great Queen Street in London. It felt very strange seeing this building in real life after seeing it so much on the TV show.

Here is my photograph of the building and below it I have taken a screen grab from the DVD of Spooks so you can see its the very same building.

Filming location for Spooks TV series.

There have been 9 series of this great show so far and [Spooks] is set to return soon.
Series 10 of Spooks starts on September 18th 2011.

If you want to catch up with series 1 to 9 before series 10 starts then you can get them all on DVD now.
You will have to watch 80 episodes though so you best get watching today !
This will be the very last ever series of Spooks so I hope its a good one.





If your a fan of this TV series then you may already know about this location but if not I hope you found it of interest.

Mapping location :
Google Streetview of this building.

If you own a smart phone then you can use my drop pin to navigate to this location using your mapping application. Simply click the link below while viewing this blog on your phone :

Drop Pin for Spooks Thames House building.

Thanks
Andy

1 comment:

  1. Andy,

    that is great. I am from Belgium and I also went to London to track this building being almost certainn that it was used for filming Spooks. Once there I was not that convinced anymore ... now I find, thanx to you that is it the freemasons's hall after all ... :-)

    kate

    ReplyDelete