Welcome to my blog, Whats this about then?

This is a place where I will be posting all sorts of things not just things relating to Derby and Derbyshire. On here you will find details of any videos I’ve made of things in Derby and also Time-lapse, stop motion animation, Tutorials etc. If I find some useful software for PC or iPhone then I will feature it here.I’m sure that there will be something of interest to someone on my many posts.Please leave comments on any posts if you like them.
Don’t forget if you are new to my blog and would like to read through the previous posts then see the Blog Archive section on the left side of this page.
Also there is a Search box at the top left of the page if you are looking for something but cant remember where it was. I am a trustee member of "Friends of Friar Gate bridge", aiming to get this bridge restored.

Thursday 31 January 2013

Video of Tim Shieff, freerunner on top of Buildings on Iron Gate, Derby.

I have to admit I've always been  a big fan of Parkour and FreeRunning. It takes a lot of skill, strength and control in order to perform the urban acrobatics. Tim Shieff who used to live in Littleover, Derby has lots of videos on YouTube that I've watched over the last few years, often in locations around Derby. His most recent video has had more attention that any other because of where it takes place. Namely on the rooftops of buildings along Iron Gate and the Assembly rooms. This video even ended up on East Midlands Today on Wednesday night !


This video Mirror's Edge In Real Life. Tim Shieff follows Matt Hart and George Burdell across Derby rooftops. When I first watched this video I was amazed being able to see Derby from a viewpoint that I doubt many people have seen before, but watching it again I can understand why its attracted lots of attention from the media as it could so easily have gone very wrong. What if the single brick wall that was run across had collapsed sending rubble onto unsuspected public on Iron Gate !

The video starts at the back of a building on Amen Alley, See HERE.

Watch the video and see what you think?

Here is the Derby FreeRunning video across the rooftops of buildings on Iron Gate, Derby :


What do you think?

Route map.
Here is an accurate map showing the exact route taken in this video.

View Route for "Mirrors Edge In Real Life" in a larger map

If your scared of heights and don't want to watch the video then here are some stills I've captured of the worst bits :





Thanks
Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment