Welcome to my blog, Whats this about then?

This is a place where I will be posting all sorts of things not just things relating to Derby and Derbyshire. On here you will find details of any videos I’ve made of things in Derby and also Time-lapse, stop motion animation, Tutorials etc. If I find some useful software for PC or iPhone then I will feature it here.I’m sure that there will be something of interest to someone on my many posts.Please leave comments on any posts if you like them.
Don’t forget if you are new to my blog and would like to read through the previous posts then see the Blog Archive section on the left side of this page.
Also there is a Search box at the top left of the page if you are looking for something but cant remember where it was. I am a trustee member of "Friends of Friar Gate bridge", aiming to get this bridge restored.

Friday 3 February 2012

Is it going to snow in Derby this weekend?, Depends which weather forecast you look at.

Looking at some weather forecasts at the moment it would appear that we may get some snow in Derby.

For example :
"A spokeswoman for the Met Office said: "The greatest risk of snow for Derby and Derbyshire is on Saturday when we could see five to 10cm of snow as we move into the evening and overnight."

Do we believe them? well best to prepare for it just in case.
Looking at most of the forecasts it would appear that we may start to see snow on Saturday 4th February about 3pm and it will continue to snow for a few hours and then freeze.

I wonder if Sunday's game between Derby and Nott'm Forest in the Championship will take place? Kick off is at 12:15.

Derbyshire Snow Webcams
People seem to like my Derbyshire webcams page during these times as it allows you to see for yourself if its actually snowing right now rather than trusting a weatherman to tell you!

I also have a section for Staffordshire Webcams as this is the next county to the south west of Derbyshire so you can see how bad the snow is effecting them.
One of the webcams I have added to this page is provided by www.leekonline.co.uk and is extreamly good as it allows many viewing options including almost live video streaming so you can actually see the snow coming down.

Sledging Guide.
If you would like to make the most of any snow we get this weekend then check out my Derby Sledging Guide, its packed with information to do with sledging in Derby. Including Local Weather Forcasts, Live local Webcams, Detailed Sledging Location Map, Smartphone mapping drop pins, Where to buy a sledge, Derby snow photographs, Videos of sledging in Derby.
I have provided a link to is Snow Map based on people submitting Tweets via Twitter.


Click the photo to visit my Derby Sledge Guide...


Hope you find my guide of use, please let me know if YOU know of any good locations to go sledging in Derby that I have not yet added to my Derby Sledging map.

thanks
Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment