Welcome to my blog, Whats this about then?

This is a place where I will be posting all sorts of things not just things relating to Derby and Derbyshire. On here you will find details of any videos I’ve made of things in Derby and also Time-lapse, stop motion animation, Tutorials etc. If I find some useful software for PC or iPhone then I will feature it here.I’m sure that there will be something of interest to someone on my many posts.Please leave comments on any posts if you like them.
Don’t forget if you are new to my blog and would like to read through the previous posts then see the Blog Archive section on the left side of this page.
Also there is a Search box at the top left of the page if you are looking for something but cant remember where it was. I am a trustee member of "Friends of Friar Gate bridge", aiming to get this bridge restored.

Wednesday 10 October 2012

Sheffield urban art, From Arnie to the Steel worker. View from a window in October 2012.

While on a recent visit to Sheffield, I noticed this Arnie "i'll be back" graffiti above the co-op building on Angel Street. I wonder how many people walk along Angel Street each day and have never seen it. You can't see it from street level.


The "Steel Worker" was created in 1986 by artist Paul Waplington from 30,000 bricks of 18 different types and 5 types of mortar and is located on the end of a four storey building on Castle Street, near the Law Courts, Sheffield.

Here is my video :

Hope you enjoy it.
Andy

1 comment:

  1. I think The Steelworker is excellent ~ I will have to look out for that when I next go to Sheffield. Mind you I also rather like Arnie ... well spotted.

    ReplyDelete