Welcome to my blog, Whats this about then?

This is a place where I will be posting all sorts of things not just things relating to Derby and Derbyshire. On here you will find details of any videos I’ve made of things in Derby and also Time-lapse, stop motion animation, Tutorials etc. If I find some useful software for PC or iPhone then I will feature it here.I’m sure that there will be something of interest to someone on my many posts.Please leave comments on any posts if you like them.
Don’t forget if you are new to my blog and would like to read through the previous posts then see the Blog Archive section on the left side of this page.
Also there is a Search box at the top left of the page if you are looking for something but cant remember where it was. I am a trustee member of "Friends of Friar Gate bridge", aiming to get this bridge restored.

Wednesday 17 October 2012

Video of Sheffield Park Hill Estate views in October 2012. Regeneration by Urban Splash.

Park Hill council estate in sheffield was completed in 1961 and granted Grade II* listing in 1998.
Currently the flats are being renovated by developers Urban Splash.


When these flats were built they were described as "streets in the sky", there are several Documentaries on the subject.

The graffiti you can see at the start of my video Clare Middleton "I love you will u marry me" is a famous bit of graffiti in Shefield and has been emphasised
by neon lighting over of the words.
If you visit Sheffield and would like to have a look around this estate then its best to walk through the railway station and to the SuperTram platform
then over the tracks and up the steps to the hill.

Some points of note :
0:40 This is the regenerated section of the Park Hill flats by Urban Splash.
1:02 Look how much these regenerated flats are selling for now!, A stark comparison to the prices that these flats would have orignally been let for!
1:33 View from the hill looking towards the city centre of Sheffield.
2:39 A view of Sheffield Hallam University.

Hope you liked my little video of Sheffield filmed in early October 2012.

Thanks
Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment