Welcome to my blog, Whats this about then?

This is a place where I will be posting all sorts of things not just things relating to Derby and Derbyshire. On here you will find details of any videos I’ve made of things in Derby and also Time-lapse, stop motion animation, Tutorials etc. If I find some useful software for PC or iPhone then I will feature it here.I’m sure that there will be something of interest to someone on my many posts.Please leave comments on any posts if you like them.
Don’t forget if you are new to my blog and would like to read through the previous posts then see the Blog Archive section on the left side of this page.
Also there is a Search box at the top left of the page if you are looking for something but cant remember where it was. I am a trustee member of "Friends of Friar Gate bridge", aiming to get this bridge restored.

Tuesday 27 July 2010

Lara Croft Way, Derby Now open. 360 Degree Virtual Reality Photograph of the new road.

As of today, Tuesday 27th July 2010, Lara Croft Way was fully open in both directions.
Here is a 360 degree VR photography I took of the new road. Just like a Google Streetview view but better, using complete Spherical VR photograph 360 x 180 degrees.

The view you can see in my photograph is the new round-a-bout at the top of Babington Lane. This traffic island joins Lara Croft Way, Burton Road, Mercian Way (opening later in 2010), Green Lane and Babington Lane.

Use the mouse to drag the view around...
Lara Croft Way 360 degree V.R. Photograph.

Download Adobe Flash to display this panorama.

If you would like to see a high resolution, fullscreen version of my VR photograph of Lara Croft Way then click the link here :
High Resolution 360 degree view of Lara Croft Way, Derby.
I have made it so it auto-resets the view, so if you zoom fully all the way in and release the mouse button then after 4 seconds it will zoom back out again.

As well as Lara Croft Way being opened up fully today, Burton Road between this round-a-bout and Mount Street became two-way. It felt very strange driving in front of The Duke of York pub "the wrong way" after all these years.
Also Normaton Road between the new round-a-bout and Melbourne Street became two-way, thus meaning no more having to crive around Mill Hill Lane and Mount Street.

Unfortunately I think the traffic light timmings need some serious looking at because I tried the new route and it took 25 mins to get from Osmaston Road to Burton Road because the lights near Leopold street were only staying green for 10 seconds.


Lara Croft Way Map.
Here is a detailed map showing the exact location of Lara Croft Way in Derby, Click on the link below the map if you want a larger version you can print out :


View Derby inner ring road - Lara Croft Way and Mercian Way. in a larger map

The next road to open will hopefully be Mercian Way which connects to this round-a-bout and leads down to Abbey Street.

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment