Welcome to my blog, Whats this about then?

This is a place where I will be posting all sorts of things not just things relating to Derby and Derbyshire. On here you will find details of any videos I’ve made of things in Derby and also Time-lapse, stop motion animation, Tutorials etc. If I find some useful software for PC or iPhone then I will feature it here.I’m sure that there will be something of interest to someone on my many posts.Please leave comments on any posts if you like them.
Don’t forget if you are new to my blog and would like to read through the previous posts then see the Blog Archive section on the left side of this page.
Also there is a Search box at the top left of the page if you are looking for something but cant remember where it was. I am a trustee member of "Friends of Friar Gate bridge", aiming to get this bridge restored.

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Video of the amazing "Chameleon glass" on Derby College created using Dichroic film.

This is a very short video I made, showing off the amazing colour changing glass panels that have been fitted to the Derby College Roundhouse on Pride Park.

This is the first building in the UK to have been fitted with this technology. I had been meaning to film this for a long time now, then discovered that the free shuttle bus that goes to the Derby Winter Beer Festival goes along that very road.

My video of the Dichroic film causing the colour to change as you drive past Derby College.



As you can see the 3M Dichroic film alters its colour depending on the angle you view it from.

The Music I have selected for this video is :
TranceCrafter - Into the Night
www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/346939
Used under Creative Commons License
CC BY-NC-SA 3.0

Dichroic glass changes colour as the viewer moves in relation to the glass. The glass has a transparent colour and a reflective colour, which will often be opposite colours of the spectrum. These two colours alternate or mix in varying proportions depending on the direction from which the highest light level is coming. The colours will also change as the viewer's angle of incidence changes.


"Dichroic glass" is a lot more expensive than film. Derby does not have many glass buildings but the iconic restoration of the Roundhouse looks really good with this Dichroic film.

Thanks
Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment