Welcome to my blog, Whats this about then?

This is a place where I will be posting all sorts of things not just things relating to Derby and Derbyshire. On here you will find details of any videos I’ve made of things in Derby and also Time-lapse, stop motion animation, Tutorials etc. If I find some useful software for PC or iPhone then I will feature it here.I’m sure that there will be something of interest to someone on my many posts.Please leave comments on any posts if you like them.
Don’t forget if you are new to my blog and would like to read through the previous posts then see the Blog Archive section on the left side of this page.
Also there is a Search box at the top left of the page if you are looking for something but cant remember where it was. I am a trustee member of "Friends of Friar Gate bridge", aiming to get this bridge restored.

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Video tour of the strange and funny things you can see in the 320 Gigapixel panorama of London.

The record-breaking 320-gigapixel interactive panorama of the capital lets you zoom in on streets and buildings 20 miles away.
Here in my video I will take you on a tour of some of the strange and funny things I have found hidden in it. I'm sure there are lots of funny things to see, this is just a collection to give you an idea.


Please pass this on to anyone you think will enjoy it. Feel free to embed on Facebook and Twitter

My video tour :

Or use this link :
Video tour of the strange and funny things you can see in the 320 Gigapixel panorama.

Have a go with the real thing now : www.btlondon2012.co.uk

Its made from 48,640 individual photographs stitched into a single multi-resolution panorama.
It was captured with four Canon EOS 7D cameras with EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM lenses and Extender EF 2x III teleconverters (800mm total). They were mounted on Clauss Rodeon VR Head ST robotic panorama heads and positioned in four locations around the 29th floor platform (177 Meters in the air.)

Each photograph from the Canon EOS 7D camera is 5184 x 3456 pixels (18 megapixels).
The captured photographs took up 3 terabytes of data, They used JPG rather than RAW simply because there would be far too much data to deal with !


It took the stitching software around 200 hours of render time. The computer that was used to do the stitching was a Fujitsu Celsius R920 workstation with 256GB of RAM and 16 cores at 3.1GHz !

The Autopano Giga software used for stitching the photographs :
http://www.kolor.com/image-stitching-software-autopano-giga.html

View the amazing panorama here, See if YOU can find anything funny :
http://www.btlondon2012.co.uk

You simply move the viewpoint around with your mouse. Use the mousewheel to zoom in and out.
You can also use the keys on the keyboard (except when in fullscreen mode)
A/Z zoom in and out
Cursor keys for moving.

The man in the "One Show" T-shirt is JJ, a presenter from the BBC TV series The One show. You can see him near Buzby and also on the top of St Pauls Cathedral.

How did I record this video tour?
I reduced my screen resolution down from 1920x1080 to 1280x720
I used Google Chrome to view the panorama and put it into fullscreen mode.
I used camtasia studio 8 to record the fullscreen at 1280x720 pixels.

Just in case you have never heard of the BT Tower, then here is a Google StreetView of it :


View Larger Map

Follow me on Twitter :
http://twitter.com/AndySavage1969

Hope you enjoy the tour.
Thanks
Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment