Welcome to my blog, Whats this about then?

This is a place where I will be posting all sorts of things not just things relating to Derby and Derbyshire. On here you will find details of any videos I’ve made of things in Derby and also Time-lapse, stop motion animation, Tutorials etc. If I find some useful software for PC or iPhone then I will feature it here.I’m sure that there will be something of interest to someone on my many posts.Please leave comments on any posts if you like them.
Don’t forget if you are new to my blog and would like to read through the previous posts then see the Blog Archive section on the left side of this page.
Also there is a Search box at the top left of the page if you are looking for something but cant remember where it was. I am a trustee member of "Friends of Friar Gate bridge", aiming to get this bridge restored.

Sunday 23 September 2012

Video : VW Golf MkIV, How to identify which bulb is which on the rear light cluster. Brake,indicator,fog,tail, reverse.

Here is a simple video I made to help people quickly and accurately work out which bulb is which on the rear light cluster of a MK4 VW Golf.


The idea of this video is simple. To make it clear which bulb does what on the rear light cluster of a MK4 VW Golf. You can play this video on your smartphone while looking at your light cluster which will make the job of changing the bulb quicker.

As well as showing you the actual bulbs lighting as I activate them I have also shown you where those bulbs are in relation to the lens cover on the drivers side.

This relates to the UK model of the VW Golf, in other countries you may have a different layout of bulbs.

The bulb numbers you need for replacements are :
382    Brake
581    Indicator
245S Tail
382    Fog
382    Reverse


You can of course use LED replacements. Its always best to keep a set of spare bulbs in the car just in case one blows and your in the middle of nowhere.

If my video helped you then please take the time to comment.

If you have any handy tips for getting the light cluster out of the hole then PLEASE leave comments as that really is very difficult to do.

You may also be interested in my very popular detailed photographic guide to changing a headlight bulb on a Mark 4 VW Golf :

Hope this helps people.
thanks

Andy

2 comments:

  1. i have a Golf Mk IV 1.9 tdi 2000 will 581 bulb fit for it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the same car, however my indicator was a 382 bulb... Take the bulb out and see what bulb it is... If the two leg thinggies are in a straight line its a 382 bulb, if they're at an angle like (10 and 2 oclock) its a a 581


      http://www.creativeauto.co.uk/WebRoot/Store/Shops/es144173/MediaGallery/581.jpg

      Delete